WELCOME BACK TO SCHOOL!
And welcome to my website for information, homework assignments, and activities we are doing. I look forward to working with you in the upcoming year. Feel free to email me at any time with any questions, concerns, or comments you may have at email@example.com. I will write back or call you as soon as I can.
In the meantime, be sure to check out Class Rules and the Homework pages!
All students will need the following:
- A large 3-ring binder with three separate sections (at least 2 inches)
- Plastic inserts that protect the first and last pages in the binder
- Dividers that separate the sections of the binder
- Plenty of blank paper for the binder
- 20 pencils
- 10 blue pens
- A non-electric pencil sharpener that holds the shavings
- Square memo sticky pad
- A small bag or pencil case to hold all of the above
Students are advised to have the following:
- Earplugs to ensure quiet during reading
- A paperback dictionary
- Flash Drive (at least one gigabyte) Very, Very Helpful!
The first unit we will learn is called Weaving a Story: Plot, Conflict, and Setting. We will be exploring the basic elements of a story in fiction, in nonfiction, in poetry, in drama, and in media.
For homework EVERY night, your child should be doing reading and writing homework. To learn more please see my Homework page.
We will start the year by reviewing basic skills such as using an Atlas and brushing up on our geography.
We will learning touch typing (how to type fast without looking at the keyboard).